« | Home | »

12/04/2002 Saves The Day, Ash, Circle and Square, Plain White T’s (Buffalo, NY @ Showplace Theater)

By Eric | December 4, 2002 11:59 pm

This show was Tiff’s show, but she had no one to go with, and I figured it couldn’t be all bad, right? Well, it really wasn’t bad at all! Plain White T’s were pretty cool, your standard poppy-punk kinda band, but they were pretty good, and when the lead singer broke two strings on his guitar, they just kept playing, with him just singing. Circle and Square was next, and put us to sleep. Whiny dork-rock emo at its finest. Snooze. And just for irony, what were they selling as merch? Pillowcases!! You figure it out. 🙂 Ash was up next, back to more regular punk, and they were decent as well. There seemed to be a lot of people there for them. Then it was Saves The Day time. They were better than I thought they’d be, and I recognized a couple of the songs, so that always helps. They sounded pretty good, and not as whiny as on the CD. It was kinda weird though, they ripped through song after song with hardly a pause in between, and not a word from the singer at all. Very interesting. The crowd was interesting too, about 75% were there because they were Saves The Day fans, and sang every word, and the other 25% just tried to dress the part. Entertaining, just like all the other shows, its just a different poser crowd. hehehe. The show was sold out, and there were about 50 kids outside trying to score non-existant tickets. So on the whole, it was a decent night, and best of all, we were out of there by 10:30!! Gotta love when you have 4 bands and still get out at a decent hour!

Another goodie from @liz_rinard #savestheday #ash #kindoflikespitting #circleandsquare #buffalo

A post shared by @ buffaloshowfliers on

Topics: Concerts | Tags: , , , , , , | Comments Off on 12/04/2002 Saves The Day, Ash, Circle and Square, Plain White T’s (Buffalo, NY @ Showplace Theater)

Comments are closed.

  • Latest Concerts

  • Concert Photos

  • Last CD’s Added

  • Latest Blog Posts